It's us. On a wall.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Episode 01: Deacon You Crazy!!

whoahwhoahwhoah-- so you're saying that MC Hammer and 2Pac collaborated in the mid-90's? Don't toy with me, interweb. I want to hear that. Then again, maybe I don't. Still, a man ahead of his time. Hammer, we'll be thanking you when we all have dishwashers in our bedrooms to take care of those elaborate midnight snacks.

I'm working on the pilot for a sitcom starring me and Dan Deacon... in which I stand around and drink too many whisky sours at his shows until something zany happens. Trust me when I say it'll be the most hilarious thing since Sister Sister. I've got Al Borland lined up to play Dan for chrissakes!




Returning to things that 'actually happened', the Mission creek show was smashing. I don't know what else to say. STV SLV of Hood Internet was kicking out jams so hard people were being crowd surfed into the Yacht Club's 9ft ceilings! Wowza. You can bounce over to the Mission Creek blog for a second opinion as well.
Looking beyond the show, we also got a chace to meet a some damn-talented kids who are making the kind of carefree dance jams we love here at the School. Expect to get the lowdown soon, in the meantime we're doing our damn-dest to get them back for one of our spring weeklys.

At this week's Yacht Club dance party, which decidedly needs a less awkward title, we've got some quality jams coming. Our friend the Lady Espina and her compatriot Dj Sonar and doing sets to support their 4/20 show with techno vet Stewart Walker. Fellow KRUI-er Dj Joshyboy is opening up. And josh- we all had fun when you played that ironic white-boy cover of ODB on your show. But never do it again.

FLY-entology! Get it??



No comments: